Turtle Monitoring (November - January)
From November to January each year Conservation Volunteers Australia conduct consecutive nights of monitoring nesting turtles to determine species, population, nest predation and beach dynamics as well as hatchling success rates.
Of the 7 species of sea turtles, 6 are listed as either Critically Endangered or Endangered. The 7th, the Flatback, is listed as "Data Deficient," meaning that insufficient information exists to assess risk of extinction.
Guests have the unique opportunity of being a part of the turtle monitoring and seeing these amazing reptiles either during your stay or as a conservation volunteer
Turtle Night Tour for guests staying at Eco Beach
Nesting turtle patrols operate nightly from 10th November through to and including 19th December and depart from the resort each night. Your tour features a beach patrol alongside the resident CVA turtle researchers including viewing nesting turtles and assisting with research activities.
- Maximum guests 4 per night
- $60 per person
- Minimum age 10 years
Note: times are confirmed daily, however are normally between 7pm and 1am.
Conservation Volunteers Australia Nesting / tagging program (November - December)
Join Conservation Volunteers Australia on this 6 day monitoring program and help to collect valuable data about nesting Flatback Turtles.
- Recording nest and track data
- Tagging and measuring turtles
- Garden view Eco Tent (twin share) $1145pp
- Garden view Eco Tent (single) $1485pp
- Ocean view Eco Tent (twin share) $1220pp
- Ocean view Eco Tent (single) $1620pp
- Garden view Eco Villa (twin share) $1320pp
- Garden view Eco Villa (single) $1820pp
- Ocean view Eco Villa (twin share) $1570pp
- Ocean view Eco Villa (single) $2320pp
2013 monitoring program dates
- 10th - 15th November Book now
- 15th - 20th November Book now
- 20th - 25th November Book now
- 25th - 30th November Book now
- 30th November - 5th December Book now
- 5th - 10th December Book now
- 10th - 15th December Book now
- 15th - 20th December Book now
Please note, minimum age of participation is 12 years.
Inclusions: Research assistants, training and project support, sea turtle monitoring, accommodation at Eco Beach Resort, transfers from Broome, continental breakfast and light dinner daily.